Wayne Takes The Quiz Challenge
This month I added a new site to the directory called Quizingo.
The site is a basic Dragonfish network brand, but their marketing focuses on a special event held on the last Monday of every month. It promises £500 in bingo prize money as well as 'more amazing prizes' from a feature quiz chat game.
Well, I always love a quiz so I decided to check it out.
Big Bingo Quiz - What Happened?
So I deposited £20 and headed over to the Big Bingo Quiz bingo room where the event was due to take place.
Sure enough there was £150 seeded prize money on the first game, and quite a few players had pre-bought for the event - 213 in total. However, there were only 23 players taking part in chat, so I knew my chances of winning something in the quiz were quite high.
Once that first pre-buy game was done, the prize money and number of players dropped a fair bit, but it was still decent money if you didn't max out on tickets too much. The game at half past the hour looked to be a £50 seed and then the final game was back up to £150 again, and that was now without the pre-buys. Just a shame I forgot about that and didn't max out on that final game or I could have had a chance to win it.
The quiz itself was a standard type your answer first to win mechanic, with the chat host announcing what spot prizes were up for grabs. Sometimes the questions had no spot prizes at all.
Here are the quiz questions I faced during the event and their answers. Would you have gotten these right?
[answers at bottom of page]
- What part of his body did musician Gene Simmons have insured for $1million?
- What was Buzz Aldrin's mother's rather appropriate maiden name?
- What is the world's largest land mammal?
- Rio De Janiero is a city in which South American country?
- Which Middle Eastern city is also the name of a type of artichoke?
- Nostradamus was famous for making what?
- In mythology, Romulus and Remus were brought up by which animal?
- 'With the lights out, it's less dangerous. Here we are now, entertain us.' is a line from which song?
- Zn is the chemical symbol for which element?
- Insulin is commonly used to treat which condition?
- The term bhp is used when describing the power of a motor vehicle; for what does it stand?
- How many of Henry VII's wives were called Anne?
Wayne's Prize Haul
Despite a slow start to the quiz chat games, I eventually picked up a few wins and finished the quiz in joint-2nd place overall. In the end, this is what I won from the event in total:
- 3 free spins on Fluffy Favourites
- A box of chocolates
- £5 Love2Shop voucher
- £5 cash (for finishing joint 2nd overall)
In addition to these spot prizes, I also managed to pick up a 1 line and 2 lines win during one of the games which got me £16 back. Overall I think I finished the event £5 up on my spend, which is nice.
I also received the free spins just a few minutes later, although when these played out I only won 3p!
Don't miss next month's quiz
I would definitely recommend making a note in your diaries to attend next month's event, which I believe will be Monday 22nd February. It isn't the most incredible event in the world, but it's simple and it's still relatively quiet enough to give you a good chance of winning.
The chat host was really friendly and there was a good buzz in the room, the players were having a good laugh. I may just have to pop back again and see what else I can grab. Hope to see you there!
- His tongue.
- Smells Like Teen Spirit.
- Brake Horse Power.
- Two (Anne Boleyn and Anne of Cleaves).